The Flinn Scholarship application is open.
Next spring, 20 of Arizona’s most outstanding high-school seniors will become Flinn Scholars. Don’t miss the chance to join this absolutely brilliant, fun-loving, globe-trotting community of young adults ready to make a difference in Arizona and the world.
Applicants should begin with these steps:
- Review this page fully.
- Visit our virtual office hours from 3:30-4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 22 (and hear from current Flinn Scholars)
- Browse a viewbook about the scholarship, Make It Matter.
- Bookmark this video presentation.
The deadline to apply for the Class of 2022 Flinn Scholarship is Monday, September 27 at 5 p.m.
In scope and value, the Flinn Scholarship is unlike almost any other undergraduate merit-based scholarship in the United States. The scholarship—valued at more than $120,000—covers tuition, fees, housing, and meals at one of Arizona’s three public universities, plus study abroad.
Components of the Flinn Scholarship Application
The Flinn Scholarship application is comprised of:
- Forms that collect biographical and family data and information about current studies, extracurricular activities, and employment;
- Three essay prompts and five short-answer questions;
- Two teacher recommendations, submitted separately by your teachers;
- A report from your high school’s academic counselor, submitted separately by your counselor (and, at the option of that academic counselor, a recommendation if they know you well enough to provide one); and
- A copy of your transcript, uploaded by your counselor.
For Class of 2022 Flinn Scholarship applicants, SAT or ACT scores will not be required or considered.
Criteria such as grade-point average and class rank play a part in the Flinn Scholarship selection process, but they are not the sole basis for our decisions.
We evaluate a student’s academic achievement, leadership and involvement, service to the community, ability to communicate, and personal characteristics. Each factor is an important part of the holistic picture that you present to us.
Learn more about the Flinn Scholarship’s benefits and requirements, as well as review tips and frequently asked questions, from these sections of our website:
Send questions about the application process at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (602) 744-6802.