The Class of 2022 Flinn Scholarship application will open in August.
Preparing to Apply
In scope and value, the Flinn Scholarship is unlike almost any other undergraduate merit-based scholarship in the United States.
And now, it’s time to start thinking about applying later this year for the 2022 Flinn Scholarship. Do you dare miss the chance to join this absolutely brilliant, fun-loving, globe-trotting community of young adults ready to make a difference in Arizona and the world?
We recommend students begin to familiarize themselves with the application process in advance of the application period. In addition, students should pursue challenging and interesting studies and commit to extracurricular activities.
For students applying in fall 2021, ACT or SAT scores will not be required or considered for the Flinn Scholarship application.
Before you start your application, familiarize yourself with the process described here and elsewhere on our website, including this online information-session presentation. And learn how the Flinn Scholarship is about who you become and the impact you make.
Components of the Flinn Scholarship Application
The Flinn Scholarship application is comprised of:
- Forms that collect biographical and family data and information about current studies, extracurricular activities, and employment;
- Three essay prompts—These were from the 2021 application—and five short-answer questions;
- Two teacher recommendations, submitted separately by your teachers;
- A report from your high school’s academic counselor, submitted separately by your counselor (and, at the option of that academic counselor, a recommendation if they know you well enough to provide one); and
- A copy of your transcript, uploaded by your counselor.
Criteria such as grade-point average and class rank play a part in the Flinn Scholarship selection process, but they are not the sole basis for our decisions.
We evaluate a student’s academic achievement, leadership and involvement, service to the community, ability to communicate, and personal characteristics. Each factor is an important part of the holistic picture that you present to us.
Learn more about the Flinn Scholarship’s benefits and requirements, as well as review tips and frequently asked questions, from these sections of our website:
Send questions about the application process at any time to email@example.com or call (602) 744-6802.