The Flinn Scholarship offers virtually a full-ride for undergraduate education, but also programming and support that continues far beyond undergraduate study into Scholars’ personal and professional development after graduation.
Flinn Scholarship benefits
- The full cost of tuition and mandatory fees, plus housing and meals, valued at more than $130,000;
- Funding for an international summer seminar after the Scholar’s freshman year and for at least one additional study-abroad experience;
- Participation in an extraordinary community of nearly 700 current and alumni Flinn Scholars;
- Membership in a university honors college, with amenities including small classes, access to top researchers, and guest lectures;
- Personal mentoring from top faculty and exposure to Arizona and global leaders in business, government, science, and the arts at exclusive events;
- Intellectual, cultural and social activities developed exclusively for Flinn Scholars by both the Flinn Foundation and the universities; and
- Graduating without debt.
As generous as the Flinn Scholarship is in terms of dollars, Flinn Scholars often describe the community they form and the support they receive from all sides as the most meaningful aspects of the program.
The Flinn Scholars Program, in partnership with Arizona’s three state universities, provides enriched educational offerings that expand a Scholar’s life and career options while creating the kind of stimulating, intellectually challenging environment that some students assume can only be found at the nation’s most selective colleges.
One of the greatest assets of Arizona’s universities is their size, enabling them to offer strong programs in almost any discipline imaginable. Meanwhile, their honors colleges offer small seminar courses, research-intensive thesis projects, and personal guidance from professors that might be assumed could only happen at a tiny liberal-arts college.
Complementing the universities’ support for Scholars, the Flinn Foundation routinely provides Flinn Scholars guidance exploring research and travel opportunities, introductions to business, government, and community leaders, and assistance finding professional-development opportunities.