The Flinn Scholarship offers comprehensive financial support and programming, the latter continuing far beyond undergraduate study into Scholars’ personal and professional development after graduation.
The Flinn Scholarship Program, in partnership with Arizona’s three state universities, provides enriched educational offerings that expand a Scholar’s life and career options while creating the kind of stimulating, intellectually challenging environment that some students assume can only be found at the nation’s most selective colleges.
One of the greatest assets of Arizona’s universities is their size, enabling them to offer strong programs in almost any discipline imaginable. Meanwhile, their honors colleges offer small seminar courses, research-intensive thesis projects, and personal guidance from professors that might be expected at a top liberal arts college.
Meanwhile, the Flinn Foundation routinely provides Flinn Scholars guidance exploring research and travel opportunities and finding professional-development opportunities.
The financial value of the scholarship, including the tuition provided by the universities, exceeds $120,000. Yet Flinn Scholars often describe the community they form as the most meaningful aspect of the program.
Specifically, the Flinn Scholarship benefits include:
- The full cost of tuition and mandatory fees, plus housing and meals, valued at more than $120,000;
- Funding for a three-week summer seminar after the Scholar’s freshman year in China and for at least one additional study-abroad experience;
- Personal mentoring from top faculty and exposure to Arizona and global leaders in business, government, science, and the arts;
- Fellowship in an extraordinary community of nearly 650 current and alumni Flinn Scholars;
- Membership in a university honors college, with amenities including small classes, guest lectures, and research experiences;
- Intellectual, cultural and social activities developed exclusively for Flinn Scholars by both the Foundation and the universities;
- Graduating without debt.