Personal Information Collection
Nothing is more important to us than protecting the private information of our visitors.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than that which you supply to us on a voluntary basis. We believe we can enhance your experience on our site with the information you share with us. In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- Subscription registration for sites or services that require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters)
- Content submissions, community postings (i.e. forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions
- We and our affiliates and vendors may use personal information about you to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and to personalize the site’s content, layout, and services. We may also use your personal information, such as your e-mail address or mailing address, to contact you, to respond to an inquiry from you regarding the information that we have collected, or respond to your comments and suggestions.
- Whenever we ask you to provide personal information, we will explain the extent of its use. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply “opt out.” Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in discussion boards, calendar postings, etc.
- We and our affiliates and vendors will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
- We care about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. Therefore, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practicable.
Special computer code allows our system to track user activity on our site. This computer code, when implemented, is called a “cookie.” At no time will this cookie reveal to others your name, e-mail address, street address, or telephone number (even if you have entered these in other areas of our system).