Flinn-Brown Fellowship seminars at a glance
- Prestigious Peers: The diverse Fellows chosen from throughout Arizona each year for Flinn-Brown are recognized broadly as strong leaders ready to go further.
- Rich Experience: The Fellowship begins with twelve full-day seminars on Fridays and Saturdays, with supplementary readings tied to seminar topics, and participation in the annual Flinn-Brown Convention.
- Tuition-free: There is no cost to participate in the Flinn-Brown Fellowship. Mileage reimbursement and hotel accommodations are provided for participants outside of Maricopa County. Meals and supplies for seminar days are provided.
- Nonpartisan Design: The focus is on policy, politics, and solutions to Arizona’s pressing challenges. Interactive sessions include essential facts and figures, examination of policy choices, and articulation of key perspectives.
- Exceptional Presenters: They include highly experienced elected and appointed officials, executives, judges, scholars, and other experts engaged in decision-making at highest levels, plus political analysis from active state-level practitioners.
- Personal Growth: Offering unique components for self-assessment and practice of leadership, skills-focused learning events, individualized connections, long-term support, and leadership opportunities.
- Great Expectations: All Fellows commit to advance toward their civic-leadership goals in the near term, and to offer and seek support from colleagues in the Flinn-Brown Network beyond the seminar series.
2021 Seminar Series (postponed from 2020)
Thursday, August 19: Meet and Greet
Friday, August 20: Economy and Demographics
Saturday, August 21: Government and Budget
Friday, September 10: PreK-12 Education
Saturday, September 11: Higher Education
Friday, September 24: Public Health and Health Care
Saturday, September 25: Human Services
Friday, October 8: Environment
Saturday, October 9: Infrastructure
Friday, October 22: Criminal Justice
Saturday, October 23: Communications and Media Relations
Friday, October 29: Civic Participation/Recognition Reception
(Schedule subject to change)
For more information, contact Sara Larsen.
Stay up-to-date about the Flinn-Brown Fellowship and future application timelines, as well as additional Arizona Center for Civic Leadership programming and news, by joining our email list.