Flinn-Brown Fellowship seminars at a glance
- Prestigious Peers: The diverse Fellows chosen from throughout Arizona each year for Flinn-Brown are recognized broadly as strong leaders ready to go further.
- Rich Experience: The Fellowship begins with twelve full-day seminars on Fridays and Saturdays, with supplementary readings tied to seminar topics, and participation in the annual Flinn-Brown Convention.
- Tuition-free: There is no cost to participate in the Flinn-Brown Fellowship. Mileage reimbursement and hotel accommodations are provided for participants outside of Maricopa County. Meals and supplies for seminar days are provided.
- Nonpartisan Design: The focus is on policy, politics, and solutions to Arizona’s pressing challenges. Interactive sessions include essential facts and figures, examination of policy choices, and articulation of key perspectives.
- Exceptional Presenters: They include highly experienced elected and appointed officials, executives, judges, scholars, and other experts engaged in decision-making at highest levels, plus political analysis from active state-level practitioners.
- Personal Growth: Offering unique components for self-assessment and practice of leadership, skills-focused learning events, individualized connections, long-term support, and leadership opportunities.
- Great Expectations: All Fellows commit to advance toward their civic-leadership goals in the near term, and to offer and seek support from colleagues in the Flinn-Brown Network beyond the seminar series.
2021 Seminar Series (postponed from 2020)
Thursday, August 19: Meet and Greet
Friday, August 20: Economy and Demographics
Saturday, August 21: Government and Budget
Friday, September 10: PreK-12 Education
Saturday, September 11: Higher Education
Friday, September 24: Public Health and Health Care
Saturday, September 25: Human Services
Friday, October 8: Environment
Saturday, October 9: Infrastructure
Friday, October 22: Criminal Justice
Saturday, October 23: Communications and Media Relations
Friday, October 29: Civic Participation/Recognition Reception
(Schedule subject to change)
The next application cycle will begin in spring 2022.
Throughout 2021, the Center will host monthly CivEx webinars open to all Arizonans.
For more information, contact Sara Larsen.
Stay up-to-date about the Flinn-Brown Fellowship and future application timelines, as well as additional Arizona Center for Civic Leadership programming and news, by joining our email list.