Please review the following information when planning your meeting at the Flinn Foundation Educational Conference Center. Each topic below expands to provide additional information.
Available meeting room configurations are displayed further down on this page.
Contact Karey Miles at ConferenceCenter@flinn.org if…
- You have questions or changes before your scheduled meeting;
- You need to confirm audio/visual needs before your meeting;
- You need to reschedule or cancel your meeting.
Thank you for helping us ensure you have a great experience while using the Flinn Foundation Educational Conference Center.
- Appropriate Uses
Typical uses of the Conference Center include planning and training retreats for board and staff; goal-setting conferences; communications workshops; and joint planning or collaborative efforts among tax-exempt nonprofit organizations. The facility may also provide a neutral environment for nonpartisan discussion and presentation of policymaking options. The facility is also used for lectures, panel presentations, and classroom-style educational workshops.
- Fundraisers or events charging admission, or where products are sold or auctioned;
- Sessions designed to promote a partisan purpose or specific pending legislative or ballot action;
- Meetings where the public is invited to attend without prior notification/RSVP to the hosting organization;
- Regularly scheduled meetings of an organization’s board or committees; and
- Private or family events, such as weddings and anniversaries.
- No Smoking
The Flinn Foundation Educational Conference Center is a non-smoking property. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building, on the patio, or near any of the building entrances. Guests wishing to smoke must exit to Central Avenue or 1st Avenue. Please remind meeting participants of this before your meeting starts.
- Building Entry
Meetings may begin no earlier than 9:00 a.m. and must end by 4:00 p.m. Please inform meeting facilitators that entry into the building for set-up is unavailable before 8:30 a.m. Also, the building’s west lobby doors remain locked at all times. Please advise meeting participants to use only the main (south) lobby doors to enter and exit the building.
Please instruct meeting attendees to park only in non-reserved areas in the front parking lot. Carpooling is encouraged, since on-site parking is limited to approximately 40 spaces shared by attendees in both conference rooms. Overflow parking may be available for a fee at the parking garage directly north of the Flinn Foundation; fees are the responsibility of meeting participants. The Conference Center does not validate parking.
- Food Service
All food and beverage service must be secured and paid by the sponsoring organization through a Conference Center-approved catering firm. Organizations may not supply their own food or beverages. The meeting facilitator or other sponsoring organization representative must be on-site to meet the caterer when they arrive. Microwaves and refrigerators are not available for use by Conference Center guests. Beverages containing alcohol are not permitted for use by outside organizations; this includes nonalcoholic beer and wine that contains a very low percentage (.05%) of alcohol.As a certified Arizona Green Business, the Flinn Foundation is committed to sustainable practices. We ask that Conference Center guests bring their own refillable beverage containers to use our filtered water station. We also ask that no plastic bottled beverages be brought in by caterers or guests. Our preferred catering partners are also committed to reducing waste and provide compostables and recyclables whenever possible. We ask that you and your guests join us in depositing waste into the appropriate bins (compost, recycling, trash) within the Conference Center. We appreciate your support in these efforts.
- Audiovisual Equipment
An array of Conference Center audiovisual equipment is available by reservation only and must be requested when booking meeting space. The meeting facilitator or other sponsoring organization representative should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the meeting start time to familiarize themself with how to correctly operate any requested audiovisual equipment.
- Conference Room Considerations
- Do not tack, pin, or nail anything to the wall surfaces. Masking tape is available on request, and flipcharts with sticky-backed chart paper are also available in each room.
- Do not move or rearrange furniture. Your meeting room will be set according to the standard room configurations. If small adjustments to the room setup are needed, please contact a Conference Center staff member or the front desk. Please be sure to return the room to the standard setup before leaving if any adjustments are made.
- Lobby Areas
Because the Conference Center building is primarily used for routine Flinn Foundation office business, please pay special consideration to the following:
- Be considerate and minimize gatherings and cellphone use in the lobby. Conference Center guests should keep all food and beverages in their meeting room and not use the lobby areas for food breaks or to hold group meetings.
- Guests should not move or rearrange lobby or patio furniture.
- Please keep meeting-room doors closed during meeting times. This will facilitate a more consistent room temperature and provide a barrier for sound.
- Media and Promotional Material
Promotional meeting materials about a meeting held at the Flinn Foundation, including news releases and media advisories, must be shared with the Foundation before being issued. The Foundation reserves the right to edit materials defining the Foundation, its programs, and meeting facilities. Signage about scheduled meetings is posted on interior kiosks. Use of exterior billboards, balloons or other collateral to attract attendance is not permitted. Organizations aiming to conduct a press conference at Flinn facilities must request approval during the scheduling process. If an organization anticipates live-remote media coverage, advance notice must be given to the Foundation to enable proper preparation. Foundation staff are generally not available for media interviews during an event unless prearranged.
- Miscellaneous Reminders
- Remember to bring all items you will need for your meeting (e.g., nametags, copies of handouts, notepads, pens, computer adapters, etc.). Copy services and office supplies are unavailable onsite.
- The Conference Center’s meeting rooms are used regularly by many nonprofit organizations. Please respect the times approved for your meeting-room use and ensure that all meeting participants vacate the premises at the scheduled end time.
- Please make sure all compostables, recyclables, and trash are discarded in the appropriate bins, and that audiovisual equipment and supplies are returned in working order when your meeting ends.
- Please contact the front desk with any needs or questions you may have during your meeting.