Risk Capital: Getting to Yes!
Friday, March 24, 2023
University of Arizona Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building
Phoenix Bioscience Core
Investors, healthcare/life-sciences investment authorities Jonathan Norris and Rakesh Mehta, and entrepreneurs from throughout Arizona gathered March 24 in downtown Phoenix for an in-person day of learning and networking focused on risk capital.
- “The State of Venture Capital,” with Jonathan Norris (Silicon Valley Bank)
- Q&A facilitated by Zach Brooks, Ph.D. (UGenome)
- “Practically Preparing for and Surviving Your Deal,” with Jeff Morton and Helen Goldstein (both of Procopio)
- “Understanding Risk and How It Affects Value,” with Moderator Janelle Goulard (Pangaea Ventures), Andrew Lombard (Arizona Venture Development Corporation), Chris Yoo (Xcellerant Ventures and Yoo & Co Accelerators), and Jon Saxe (Kyto Technology and Life Science Inc.
- “Building, Maintaining, and Maximizing Your Board,” with Moderator Eve Ross (Arizona’s Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee), MaryAnn Guerra (Aesthetics Biomedical Inc.), Jacque Sokolov, M.D. (SSB Solutions), Donald Laughlin (EDGY: Performance Modeling and Advisory), and Mara Aspinall (BlueStone Venture Partners)
- “Demystifying Digital Marketing: Doing More with Less,” with Kelley Howard (DigiVidBIO)
- “Lessons Learned on the Path to Success,” with Moderator James Bates (AdviNOW Medical), Matt Likens (GT Medical Technologies), Vivek Kopparthi (NeoLight), and Rachel Mertensmeyer (Rivia Health Inc.)
Closing Keynote Panel
- “How to Prepare for an Exit and/or Liquidity,” with Rakesh Mehta (Centerview Partners)
- “Strategics: What Are They Thinking Now and into the Future,” with Moderator Mara Aspinall (BlueStone Venture Partners), Paul Johnson (Procopio), J.P. Millon (Pleno Inc.), Madeline Sell, Ph.D. (Varian), and Alex Tessmer (BD Peripheral Intervention)
- Free headshots during the lunch hour.
- Drawing for a free 2-minute company video, courtesy of DigiVidBIO.
- Exhibitor tables in our Mini Expo.