We believe civic leadership and engagement programs provide valuable opportunities for community members to connect with one another and create a pipeline for civic leaders within our communities. That’s why in 2010, the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership created the Civic Leadership Collaborative to serve as a statewide resource for organizations interested and involved in strengthening civic leadership.
The Collaborative’s goals are to strengthen civic leadership in Arizona by working together on common priorities that:
- Cultivate and enhance the relationships with and between Arizona’s many local and regional civic leadership programs, through products to highlight local and regional work, resources, and communication;
- Build the “pipeline” of civic education, engagement, and leadership across the spectrum;
- Create access to resources that help civic leadership organizations strengthen their curricula, share best practices, help recruit participants and place graduates; and
- Work with local and regional civic leadership programs and affiliate groups to advocate the importance of developing tomorrow’s community leaders to connect an ever-expanding number of Arizonans to civic life.
Each organization in the Collaborative, and even those who have not yet joined, are building the capacity of Arizona’s civic leaders in diverse geographies, age groups, and industries.
Directory of Arizona Leadership Programs
This directory features local and regional civic-leadership organizations and programs in Arizona. The directory will be updated and expanded periodically as new organizations and initiatives emerge.
Arizona civic organizations and leadership groups are invited to participate in quarterly meetings and other programming hosted by the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership.
To join the Collaborative, contact Dawn Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Leadership Councils
Civic Engagement Partners
Leadership Training Programs
- Arizona State University Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation: American Express Leadership Academy
- Arizona State University Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation: Nonprofit Management Institute
- Prescott Area Leadership
Municipal Leadership Training Programs
- City of Avondale, Citizen Leadership Academy
- City of Casa Grande Leadership Academy