The application for the 2023 Flinn Foundation Seed Grants to Promote Translational Research Program is closed.
Proposed projects for the Flinn Foundation Seed Grants to Promote Translational Research Program must address compelling clinical needs in the areas of precision medicine, diagnostics, devices, therapeutics, or health-care-delivery processes—and have significant potential to turn bench results into viable products or systems impacting patients in Arizona and beyond.
The application requires:
- a letter of support from the vice president of research or their designee at the principal investigator’s institution;
- a project summary; and
- a slide deck with required elements.
The principal investigator must have, or be working with their institution on, an agreed path for licensing or ownership of the project’s IP.
Proposals will be evaluated by an independent review committee of academic and industry experts appointed by the Flinn Foundation. Constructive feedback will be offered to all applicants. The foundation will select up to 10 projects in 2023 with an award of $100,000 each. The deadline to apply was Feb. 3. Grantees will be notified in May.
For a research team to be eligible for the program:
- The principal investigator must be employed by an Arizona-based, nonprofit academic- or medical- research institution or health system;
- The proposed product and/or process must address a clearly defined, compelling clinical need; and
- The project team must have a blend of skills (e.g., scientific, clinical, engineering, business, regulatory) to meet the proposal goals.
- The principal investigator must agree to participate in grant programming provided by the Flinn Foundation.
- Previous Flinn Foundation grantees may apply as a principal investigator if all previous Flinn grants are closed.
- November 1, 2022: Application Opens
- November 16, 2022: Applicant Info Session
- November 28, 2022: Office Hours for Applicant Questions
- December 15, 2022: Office Hours for Applicant Question
- January 18, 2023: Office Hours for Applicant Question
- February 3, 2023: Application deadline
- May 10, 2023: Grantee notification
For more information about the program or application process, email Mary O’Reilly, Ph.D., Vice President, Bioscience Research Programs, or Juliet Gomez, Bioscience Program Manager.