1. Read and follow the application instructions. Yes, this is basic, but essential—as is…
2. Meet the deadlines. Teacher/counselor recommendations are due before your application.
3. Follow up with your recommenders. Make sure they received an email regarding your recommendation request from our system. If they haven’t, please contact us for help: firstname.lastname@example.org. And be sure they know their deadline.
4. Take a break. This application takes considerable time and effort. Walk away from the application, reset your mind, and resume when you’re ready; this is a proven way both to find errors you’ve made, and to tap into your creativity.
5. Proofread. Edit. Repeat. As the publishing veteran Susan Bell has written, “While genius does not consist entirely of editing, without editing it’s pretty useless.”
6. Submit your ACT/AP/SAT test scores. Our code is 2175. If you’re sending scores after October 1, you should probably select rush delivery. We also accept official test scores provided by your high-school counselor.
7. Read our FAQ page. Our website has even more tips and answers to commonly asked questions.
8. Contact us! Do you have other questions or concerns? Don’t be shy—we’re here to help. You can reach us at email@example.com or 602-744-6802. We encourage you to reach out sooner rather than later.
9. Read through your entire application and determine if it’s an accurate representation of you. Writing honestly about your interests, experiences, and challenges demonstrates the courage to share your true self. This is the person we want to “meet” in your application.
10. Click submit and breathe a sigh of relief. You did it.
We look forward to receiving your application!