1. Read and follow the application instructions.
2. Meet both deadlines. Your application is due on Monday, September 27. Teacher/counselor recommendations are due Monday, October 18.
3. Follow up with your recommenders. Make sure they received your recommendation request through SurveyMonkey Apply. If they haven’t, please contact us for help: FlinnScholars@flinn.org.
4. Personalize your application. Ensure it’s a reflection of your experiences and beliefs. Writing honestly about your interests, experiences, and challenges demonstrates the courage to share your true self. This is the person we want to “meet” in your application.
5.Don’t try to present yourself as the perfect candidate. It’s elusive and not what we’re seeking.
6.Make time to take a break. This application takes considerable time and effort. Walk away from the application, reset your mind, and resume when you’re ready.
7. Proofread. Edit. Repeat. Like it or not, errors do send a signal to reviewers about how much you care about your application.
8. Read our FAQs page. Our website has even more tips and answers to commonly asked questions.
9. Contact us! Do you have other questions or concerns? Don’t be shy—ask us at FlinnScholars@flinn.org. Or, join us at virtual office hours on Wednesday, September 22 at 3:30 p.m. Register here.
10. Click submit and breathe a sigh of relief.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Learn more about the Flinn Scholars program at www.flinnscholars.org or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read More: Why you should apply for the Flinn Scholarship