Thoughts from Dawn Wallace
It’s Flinn-Brown recruitment time!
I am truly excited to be joining the Flinn Foundation Arizona Center for Civic Leadership team. Over the last two decades, I have been privileged to serve in a variety of roles in state government and have witnessed first-hand through my work with elected officials, policy and political staff, and community influencers, the impact of effective leadership on public policy and good government practices that ultimately benefits the quality of life of all Arizona residents.
I know many of you professionally and personally and look forward to meeting those of you I have not yet met. While we are in unprecedented times and meeting in person is not feasible, I invite you to reach out to me through email, text, phone conversation or a virtual meeting.
On Monday, April 6, we will open the application process for our 2020 Flinn-Brown seminar series. We recognize the uncertainty of the next few months may impact an individual’s decision to participate. Our decision to move forward with the application cycle is to allow the greatest flexibility for prospective Fellows should conditions change. However, if our current situation persists and personal safety and security protocols require continued social distancing, we will delay the seminar sessions until the appropriate time. Like other organizations in both the public and private sector, we are making adjustments to continue operations in a “new normal” with the health and safety of our team and partners in the forefront of our decision making. We will take the same approach with Flinn-Brown Fellows.
We do need your help. Over the next month, our team will focus our time and energy on recruitment efforts. Unfortunately, our traditional methods of in-person information sessions and one-on-one meetings are not possible. However, we will try to capture the spirit of that tradition, and frankly the entirety of the Flinn-Brown Fellowship, and give our applicants as connected of an experience as we can. We will be launching outreach through the following strategies:
- A new web page for prospective Fellows with at-a-glance information and a link to our application portal;
- Social media through the entire Flinn Foundation network;
- Pre-recorded information session webinars;
- Live information sessions;
- Videos testimonials from our current Flinn-Brown Fellows; and
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Our Flinn-Brown Fellows are our best advocates and we depend on you to help spread the word. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Make a personal pitch to three friends or colleagues to apply;
- Share how you have benefitted professionally and personally on social media, linking to our website;
- Promote our webinar and live information sessions through social media;
- Volunteer for a Fellows video testimonial;
- Provide quotes that we can use for promotional materials and social media content; and
- Any other ideas or those your organizations have used for similar recruitment efforts are very welcome!
Again, I look forward to meeting all of you. Please take care of yourself and your family and let us know if we can help you in any way.
Vice President, Civic Leadership