The deadline for recommendations is Wednesday, October 2.
In anticipation of this deadline, we want to share the following reminders:
- Don’t see a notification from your student? Check all email folders. If you have not received an email with instructions on how to complete the recommendation, please contact us for help.
- Read and follow the recommendation instructions. We ask recommenders to respond to three writing prompts rather than providing a traditional letter of recommendation.
- Use specific examples. We receive hundreds of applications a year. What sets your student apart? That’s what we want to learn from your recommendation.
- Go beyond a student’s resume. Applicants share information with us about: extracurricular activities, honors and awards, and employment. The best recommendations include information about the student we haven’t already learned from reviewing the application itself.
- Save an electronic copy of your response. We encourage you to keep a copy of your response somewhere outside of our application system. While the system has performed well during this cycle, technology can fail unexpectedly.
- Mark as Complete. You may save and make edits on the recommendation form until the deadline. When you are done, please click on “Mark as Complete.” No further edits can be made after you “Mark as Complete.”
- Contact us! Do you have other questions or concerns? We can be reached at 602-744-6802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting your student’s Flinn Scholarship application!
Learn more about Flinn Scholarship Recommendations.