Bioscience and biotechnology related firms in start-up, early, or growth phases of development are encouraged to apply to present their business to an audience of over 100 investors, bankers, and money managers at the Arizona Angel Investment Conference on November 30, 2005 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix. In addition to showcasing their products and services to potential investors, all selected presenting companies will receive comprehensive mentoring from a group of seasoned professionals.
“The selection process is stringent and only the best will be selected. The screening panel is made up of angel investors, venture capitalists, and investment bankers with extensive experience in the software, semiconductor, communications, high-tech, and bioscience fields,” said Trilese Dileo of the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, one of the organizers of the conference.
The deadline to submit an application is 5 p.m. on August 19, 2005. For more information or to download an application, visit the AZ Venture Capital Conference website. For more information, contact Trilese Dileo at 602-495-6462 or email@example.com.
Companies that presented at the 2004 conference were:
- Biomarker Technologies, LLC — Formed in 2004 to acquire the worldwide rights to a blood diagnostic test for breast cancer.
- CamLite Video Systems, Inc. — Engineers, develops, manufactures, and markets a mobile wireless video/audio system for use by law enforcement, military, Federal Government, and security personnel.
- Cynexus — An emerging bio-therapeutics enterprise working to develop and market high-performance anti-inflammatory products.
- Kinetic Muscles, Inc. — A start-up medical device firm that markets a line of biofeedback training devices that allow stroke patients to perform part of their neurological rehabilitation program at home.
- MediPacs — Designer of a programmable electronically controlled disposable infusion pump for drug delivery for pain control, IV infusion, and diabetic care.
- Motion Ease, Inc. — Developer of a simple-to-use, video-based, markerless motion captures systems.
- Phoenix Analog — Developer of integrated circuits to support the emerging micro-fuel cell industry.
- Virionics Corp. — An early-stage biopharmaceutical drug development and commercialization company working to combat the Hepatitis C and Ebola viruses by commercializing their proprietary recombinant Virus-Like Particles (VLP) based immunotherapies and vaccines.