The Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University seeks two Outreach Educators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for development of programs in science-based education for Arizona teachers and students in grades K-16. Prepare and deliver presentations pertaining to biosciences education including careers in the sciences. Research and explore outside funding opportunities to further expand the Institute’s educational outreach objectives.
- Assess and identify skill and experience levels of teachers and students to facilitate improvement in science education. Design, develop and deliver teacher training, research programs and student experiences that enhance science education and contribute to workforce development in the bioscience industry. Research and create proposals to secure grant funding.
- Develop program evaluation tools, establish metrics and measure efficacy of programs. Develop professional relations that support bioscience education and outreach. Conduct research and investigate trends in science education and workforce development. Create reports and deliver presentations as needed using various sources of information and documentation. Design, manage and deliver an educational outreach program that enhances classroom education both onsite and at remote sites. Programs will maximize the use of tactile and experiential techniques as well as research projects to motivate teachers and students, thereby enhancing the learning experience. Make presentations and lead faculty tours. Become knowledgeable of and effectively communicate major research projects at the Biodesign Institute. Participate in meetings and conferences as time and budget permit. Other duties as assigned. Days and Schedule: M-F, 8 AM-5 PM.
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and five (5) years of related experience; OR, Nine (9) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of post-graduate degree in micro/cellular/molecular biology. Experience teaching classroom science at the secondary level (grades 6-12) for at least five years. Evidence of a state teaching certificate in the last five years. Evidence of exemplary teaching practices, initiatives, and/or leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and national standards and benchmarks for life and biological sciences. Experience in a state and/or national science teacher organization. Experience with the planning and delivery of teacher professional development workshops. Experience with grant writing and administration.
- Experience with creating curricula, programs and experiences about careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Effective verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, including English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with program evaluation techniques and analysis.
Instructions to Apply:
- Click here to apply. Search and apply for a position called,