Each year, the Arizona Bioindustry Association honors the researchers, scientists, policymakers, community leaders, educators, and companies playing immense roles in the advancement of the biosciences in Arizona.
The annual 2022 AZBio Awards on Sept. 28 were one of the highlights of Arizona Bioscience Week, bringing together the leaders and supporters of the bioscience ecosystem at the Phoenix Convention Center.
The 2022 winners are:
● Dr. Michael Lynch, ASU Biodesign Institute / AZBio Pioneer Award for Lifetime Achievement
● Catherine Ivy, The Ben & Catherine Ivy Foundation / Jon W. McGarity Arizona Bioscience Leader of the Year
● Dr. Roberta Diaz Brinton, University of Arizona / Arizona Bioscience Researcher of the Year
● Mayor Kate Gallego, City of Phoenix / Public Service Award Honoree
● Rachna Nath, Arizona College Prep, Chandler / Michael A. Cusanovich Bioscience Educator of the Year
● Caris Life Sciences / Arizona Bioscience Company of the Year
● Anuncia Medical, Inc. | Aqualung Therapeutics Corporation | Castle Biosciences, Inc.
AZBio Fast Lane Award Honorees
Arizona Bioscience Week also featured the White Hat Life Science Investor Conference, where 32 companies from Arizona and the Southwest pitched before accredited investors; daily opportunities for students to learn from life-science industry leaders; events promoting drug discovery and women in science; as well as a STEM and Innovation Summit.
This year’s celebration of the biosciences took place during the 20th anniversary of Arizona’s Bioscience Roadmap, the long-term strategic plan guiding the advancement of the biosciences.
To learn more about the leaders and organizations featured during Arizona Bioscience Week, visit https://bit.ly/3E7FAjs.