In June 2019, the Flinn Foundation Board of Directors approved plans to continue its support of arts and culture in Arizona through an extended Initiative for Financial and Creative Health.
This invitation-only grant program is deeply focused on the cultivation and maintenance of the financial health of Arizona’s largest arts-and-culture organizations.
As in earlier iterations of the Initiative for Financial and Creative Health, the Flinn Foundation is focused on helping Arizona’s largest arts-and-culture organizations move through five capitalization stages:
- Deploy & Maintain
For organizations that have completed earlier grants under the Initiative for Financial and Creative Health, this invitation-only grant program broadens the range of activities that are eligible for funding and allows for grantees to learn, adapt, and experiment.
Areas of opportunity for this new initiative are focused on planning, research, and program design. While not meant to be an inclusive list, proposals might include projects such as:
- Human capital: hiring practices, skill development, change management, retention, succession planning, leadership development;
- Strengthening organizational diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion;
- Engagement of an arts scholar toward meeting a community need or where a researcher might assemble and analyze existing data;
- Strategic planning;
- Planning projects that are collaborative between more than one organization.
The full request for proposals, including required content and description of the proposal review process, is here:
Proposal timeline for 2020
The Flinn Foundation Board of Directors will meet to consider grant proposals in March, June, September, and December in 2020.
Organizations invited to apply for support under the Initiative for Financial and Creative Health should schedule pre-proposal conversations with the Flinn Foundation’s consultants to ensure that proposals are framed appropriately, with projects within the range of fundable items. Deadlines to complete pre-proposal conversations are:
- January 3, 2020 (for March consideration by the Flinn Foundation Board)
- March 6, 2020 (for June consideration)
- July 13, 2020 (for September consideration)
- September 2, 2020 (for December consideration)