The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the President & CEO, Board of Directors, and other senior staff at the Phoenix-based Flinn Foundation, a leader in Arizona’s philanthropic community with the mission to improve the quality of life in Arizona, to benefit future generations.
Prospective candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides administrative support to the President & CEO, Board, and other assigned executive leadership staff including:
- Arranging appointments and meetings, scheduling Board and committee meetings, and various staff meetings
- Maintaining Outlook calendars with pertinent details
- Drafting emails and correspondence, including Board and committee meeting minutes, reports, letters, and presentations
- Preparing expense reports
- Conducting follow-up calls and emails
- Arranging travel and accommodations.
- Anticipating needs of President & CEO; further assisting President & CEO by running errands and other tasks as requested.
- Acts as Board liaison, responding to requests, providing information, and making travel and accommodation arrangements when on official Flinn Foundation business.
- Provides administrative support to the Board and its committees; attends all Board and Board committee meetings.
- Coordinates arrangements for Board meetings, Board retreats, and Board/committee member orientations.
- Coordinates catering and meeting set-up/clean-up for Board and Committee meetings, third-party meetings, and staff functions.
- Assists in planning and coordinating other events on and offsite as requested.
- Manages special projects for the President & CEO and Board Chair.
- Communicates instructions to individuals and/or departments from President & CEO.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of the Foundation’s bylaws, committee charters, operations, procedures, products and services, and personnel; ensures compliance with Foundation’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical records of meeting minutes and organizational policies.
- Receives/interacts with meeting attendees.
- Provides back-up Front Desk coverage, answers the main phone line, and assists with Flinn Foundation events, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, including SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Zoom, Salesforce, Slack, and Trello
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize work, work independently, and collaborate with others
- Ability to function in a high-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information
- Professional manner and demonstrated ability to work with diverse constituencies, including staff, Board of Directors, community leaders, Flinn Foundation guests, and the general public
- Ability to work when scheduled and flexible when needed
Education and Experience
- High-school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred
- At least five years of experience supporting senior/executive-level staff required
- Current Microsoft credentials or certification preferred
Physical and Other Requirements
- This position functions in the Flinn Foundation office at least 40% of the time each week.
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including computers, iPads, mobile apps, scanners, copiers, postal machines, etc., is required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Current auto insurance on personal vehicle.
About the Flinn Foundation
Since the Flinn Foundation’s creation in 1965, its primary area of grantmaking has been health care, with a specific focus since 2000 on the biosciences. Our grantmaking and programmatic areas also include arts and culture, the Flinn Scholars, and the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership.
The Flinn Foundation’s Board of Directors is comprised of nine of Arizona’s foremost leaders in medicine, technology, business, and finance. The Foundation’s professional staff of 21 is led by President and CEO Tammy McLeod, Ph.D.
The Flinn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. More information is available on our website about the Foundation’s values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our office is located in central Phoenix, accessible by Valley Metro Light Rail and other public transit. A handful of times per year, same-day in-state travel may be necessary for this position.
Most Flinn Foundation staff currently work remotely for a portion of each week. This position functions in the Flinn Foundation office at least 40% of the time each week.
Flinn Foundation staff are strongly urged to receive full vaccination against COVID-19. Any staff member who is not fully vaccinated is expected to wear a face covering while in common spaces in the Flinn Foundation office.
Typically, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Salary and benefits
This position offers a competitive salary aligned with experience and demonstrated skills. Benefits include: paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave; paid maternity/paternity leave; medical and dental insurance; flexible spending account; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; tuition reimbursement; covered parking and electric-vehicle charging.